Thursday 9 February 2012

Notes on : MA Courses

Ma Courses


So
I've had a chat with Fred and Lorenzo and what I really need to do it

FIGURE OUT WHAT I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS DEGREE

as I'm not really sure yet why I'm doing this.

Mainly its because  I need to extend my student visa and secondly, my parents are REALLY adamant that I do an MA

I do want to do one but I'm not passionate about doing it.

My main concern really is that I dont want to stop practicing design and if I do an MA that is really theory focussed, I will  forget how to design.

Another thing that I feel like I could really take advantage of and get out of an MA is the opportunity to do network.

Especially if I head to central London, during my research, I will probably get to meet a lot of designers , interview them as part of my research and that might actually let me build up a relationship with them which could lead to future employment etc.

I've narrowed down the courses to :

Goldsmiths: 


MA Brand Development (-ve theory based, +ve, branding and in cooperation with brand union)
MA Creative and cultural Entrepreneurship (+skills to build your own practice, good structure, encouraged to do internship)

Kingston:


MA Communication design and the creative economy (+ve links back to business, skills to build your own practice, leadership skill , -ve, at kingston and not great location )

LCC: ( doesn't start until January 2013)


Mdes Innovation and creativity in Industry ( +ve good location, practical  but still focuses on business, -ve doesn't start till Jan...but that could be a good thing?)
MA Graphic Branding and Indentity ( +ve practical,  focuses on branding, within busness perspective, -ve starts in Jan also)


No comments:

Post a Comment